Race Start Times
- 50 Mile: 6:00 AM
- 50K: 7:00 AM
Registration will open April Fool’s Day 2016.
Headquarters & Camping Layout
Harass the RD for more info if it isn’t available by May 1st.
Weather and Conditions
Mountain weather: 70 degree difference in one day.
All aid stations will be stocked with water, Heed, Coca-Cola, and other beverages of the RD’s choice. You pay good money for this race, so we’ll make sure you have plenty of yummy morsels to munch on while killing yourself in the process (why DID you sign up for this crazy event?). Our main food staples will be watermelon, cantaloupe, bananas, salty chips, potatoes, gummi bears, oreo cookies, potato soup, pickles, grilled cheese sandwiches, broth. We don’t want anybody DNFing due to an unhappy stomach.
Bring them to the start of the race.
You may run with your dog, but it should be kept on a leash. They are not the only animals in this part of the state.
Pacers are a very important aspect of safety. As ultramarathons progress, the mind can become weak and confused. Pacers provide a high element of safety for runners and keep the race running smoothly. If you choose to use a pacer, please let race staff know. Your pacer must sign a Pacer Waiver.
Packet Pickup & Runner Checkin
Packet pickup and drop bag drop off will be 5 PM – 6 PM on Friday before race day at the Start/Finish Line
***Mandatory: ALL runners must check in with the race director prior to your race start Saturday morning. Please arrive early and make sure you have your own race number on you. If you have a pacer, they need to fill out a Pacer Waiver before race start. Please print it and bring it with you.***
The course is located completely on Forest Service management. This means negotiating forest service roads that can be treacherous at times. Be sure to stop by your local Forest Service office to pick up a Motor Vehicle Use Map for the Emmett Ranger District and Cascade Ranger District. This will be the best way for your crew to navigate through the confusing mountain roads.
Your entry fee will get you a finisher’s award (which will be unique from any ultra you’ve done) and some cool stuff with your goody bag. Overall winner awards will likely be donated by some local business.
If we can issue a refund, we will. Race costs will be incurred early.
1. This is a closed course. You must follow the trails true to their route.
2. NO LITTERING. This includes biodegradeables.
2. Be able to hear cars on the dirt road portions. Have ear and eye awareness!
3. No pacers without signing liability form.
4. Dogs are allowed. This is a very remote course however, and wildlife is abundant.
5. No indecent exposure. Please find a good spot off the trail.
6. NO TRASH. Please have a spot on your person or that convenient little pouch on your NathanTM vest to stash your trash.
7. If you do not complete the distance you were signed up for at the start of the race, your finish will be a DNF or unofficial. You must declare pre-race what distance you intend to finish, as you will not be allowed to drop from one race to the other mid-race and still be a finisher.
8. Runners who complain about volunteers can go run somewhere else.
9. No stashing aid on the course!